Wednesday, April 7, 2010

College Degree Worries

Recently I have been doing some research on college degrees and different majors and specifically what the benefit of the different majors is. Specifically I have read some articles online about the overall value of a college degree in today's market and that the value of college degrees has been decreasing. There used to be a larger variance between the salaries of high school graduates and salaries of college graduates. Now the difference isn't very big. It is still better to get a college degree and the numbers do still back that up, but they aren't as valuable as they used to be. My opinion is that degrees are still much more valuable than just a high school diploma. But it does make me worry about what I should do for my own future degree because the statistics do show that there is a very large difference between the different degrees themselves. So my decision of which major I am going to study is actually a pretty big decision. I have always known that but now that I know that each major has a pretty large salary decision, it really just adds to my worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment